You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
After nearly two decades of song writing, recording, collaborating, and performing with various Kansas City-based bands and indie labels, Donovan got the call in 2011 to be a touring guitarist for double-platinum recording artist Vertical Horizon. A rock fan since age 8, when he listened to his first KISS album in his neighbor’s basement in Minneapolis, Donovan has also spent many years (16) teaching guitar and bass to younger musicians. As well as teaching kids ‘how to be a band’ in a Rock School format.
With the phrase “The Readiness Is All” (from Hamlet) tattooed on his forearm, Donovan believes in being prepared, being a pro, and using great gear (namely PRS Guitars!!!)! His previous bands have spanned every genre from rock to country and have opened for artists as varied as Blue October, Alabama, Sister Hazel, and Keith Urban. On his most recent tour with Vertical Horizon, he played alongside the members of Fastball, Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, and Smashmouth.
Guitars, Vocals, Bass, Songwriting, Musical Director
· Winner Colgate Regional Showdown
· Demos Produced by Randle Chowning (Ozark Mountain Daredevils) for Sony imprint.
· Opened for Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, Lone Star, at large scale venues such as Sandstone Amphitheater.
· Album: The Impossible Box-Flat Earth Records
· Opened for: Sister Hazel, Blue October, Flick, Vedera, Golden Republic
· Played for Kansas City’s celebration Spirit Fest.
Guitars, Vocals, Bass, Songwriting, programming, Musical Director, demo producer.
· Winner of regional Battle for studio time.
· In depth Songwriting and arrangements
Guitars, Vocals, Musical Director, performer
· Regional Praise and Worship band doing conferences of 500-2500 people.
Guitars, Vocals, Odd Sounds, additional writing.
· Album: All Day Sucker—S.A.R. Records
· Teaching guitar, bass, and band for 12 years—emphasis on teaching students to teach themselves as well as band orchestration.
· Musical direction developing new artists at Monster Trax Audio.
· Various studio demo work for many local artists.
· Personal Songwriting and demo production
· Jay Phebus- Sound Engineer for King’s X, Lou Gramm, Eric Gales, Vertical Horizon, Earshot, Drowning Pool, Steve Vai
· Ryan Langford- Worship Leader , Houston’s First Baptist Church
· Rob Harmon—Producer, Engineer—Monstertrax Audio Lone Jack, MO. Production Manager-Tate Stevens
· Jerry Gaskill—Drummer, King’s X