Zen Arcadia is an Alternative/Hard Rock band based out of Sacramento, California. They have been together and gigging regularly in the Sacramento area since 2010. Comprised of veteran local musicians, they have been combining their talents - not only in their own live/recorded work, but also in various collaborations with other musicians - to strive for a better music community. To date, they have shared the stage with many local/national acts including Alien Ant Farm, Smile Empty Soul, Jonah Matranga (Far/onelinedrawing), FallRise, Some Fear None, Skin of Saints, Heroes’ Last Mission, Element of Soul, Korean Fire Drill, Race to the Bottom and many other bands of varying styles.
2014 was the biggest year for ZA yet – they completed and released their debut album “Earthquakes” on October 31, 2014; were featured in the November 2014 issue of ThreatCon Magazine; released their first self-produced music video for “Being Born”; and were honored to be selected to play in front of a huge crowd for the outdoor V103 RockFest music festival in October. dB also made an appearance on the debut CD for Korean Fire Drill, lending his songwriting and lead vocals to a track called “Lost Our Way”. But the biggest news came from abroad - their song “Beautiful” was covered by Banda Malta from Brazil, whose Portuguese-language version titled “Como Tudo Deve Ser” was included on their #1 album “Supernova” which has since gone double-platinum in their home country (200,000+ copies sold).
Currently, Zen Arcadia is gearing up for a CD release party in March at the Powerhouse Pub in Folsom, and they are finalizing a new music video for the title track to their song “Earthquakes”. With the overwhelmingly positive response they’ve received from their new album, they look to play an increasing role in the Sacramento music scene for years to come.
- Zen Arcadia is: dB (vocals/guitar), Greg (guitar), Seth (bass), and C-Dub (drums/vocals).
- Their full-length album “Earthquakes” was mixed by Brendan Duffey of NorCal Studios in Brazil who has worked with the likes of Judas Priest, Billy Sheehan (Steve Vai), Mike Mangini (Dream Theater), and 50 Cent. In addition to direct sales from http://www.zenarcadia.com, the album is also available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Rhapsody and many other services.
- They have appeared on-air on V103 Rock on “The Morning Dump”, “Vintage Vault” and “v103Stooge's” shows, and have featured online in playlists on ThreatCon Radio and Vyper Radio. They have been played quite regularly by Andy Hawk on 98 Rock’s Local Licks program (98.5 FM) and also appeared on Ozcat Radio (89.5 FM Vallejo).
- dB was previously in local bands Phrenik (Sacramento) and Hitch (San Francisco) and apart from a few stints as a guest vocalist for Korean Fire Drill he has appeared onstage numerous times with Race to the Bottom and Some Fear None.
- Greg is a former radio DJ from Wisconsin who has been gigging and running sound for various bands in Sacramento for years.
- C-Dub was once the house drummer for Disney World and toured with country outfit Whiskey Dawn, and has appeared locally onstage as a percussionist with Nathan Giguiere (Some Fear None).
- Seth builds his own effects pedals and is the driving creative force behind our videos and graphics.
For further information or booking inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org