You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Zen Arcadia is loud and quiet, fast and slow, a little bit alternative, a little bit metal and a little bit pop all at once.
Okay, enough of that.
We could probably feed you all the garbage that’s usually in band bios about “soaring melodies” or “blistering guitars” or even our “airtight rhythm section” and okay yeah we’ve got all that, but hearing about it every time you read one of these things is so freakin tired. Nor are we gonna tell you that we’re “out to take over the airwaves” as the “next best thing”, cause that’s too Disney. Which will become funnier in a minute. Most of the time, we're really just trying to keep Nolan from playing 80’s hair-metal riffs at random intervals. We know, you’re welcome.
So here’s some actual useful information instead:
- There are four of us: dB (vox/guitar), Nolan (guitar/vox), Seth (bass) and C-Dub (drums).
- We have been together since sometime in 2010, nobody remembers exactly when, but we started playing out in November 2010.
- Our style is usually described as "loud melodic", or maybe post-hardcore, or alternative, depending on who you ask.
- The name Zen Arcadia is a combination of two separate music references - bonus points if you can name them.
- our 2-song “Mayday EP” was mixed by Brendan Duffey of NorCal Studios in Brazil - he is Seth’s brother and has also worked with the likes of Judas Priest, Billy Sheehan (Steve Vai), Mike Mangini (Dream Theater) and 50 Cent. We call him “Merlin” because what he did for us was nothing less than magic. He is also producing our upcoming full-length CD due out in 2013.
- we have appeared on-air on v103 Rock on “The Morning Dump” show twice, as well as featured in playlists on ThreatCon Radio and Vyper Radio and we swear we gave Andy a CD for Local Licks (98 Rock).
- we have shared the stage with: Smile Empty Soul, Jonah Matranga (Far/onelinedrawing), FallRise, Prylosis, Some Fear None, Hurt, Element of Soul, and many other local bands of varying styles.
- dB used to be the singer in Phrenik (Sacramento) and Hitch (San Francisco).
- Nolan has played in some other bands, and does his own solo stuff too.
- C-Dub was once the house drummer for Disney World. See, we told you – funny!
- Seth builds his own effects pedals and doesn’t know the song you’re talking about.
- If you hand Nolan your drink, he really won’t drink it.
- None of the rest of us will promise anything like that.
- No animals were harmed in the making of this bio.
For more up-to-date stuff about us, see http://www.zenarcadia.com/ or just ask.
Thanks for listening - ZA