You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Founded in 2011 Sakara quickly gained attention in their hometown of Springfield, MA. The band was founded on the desire to have no limits with their music, blending influences from heavy rock/metal to atmospheric and jazz like flavors. Critics have hailed their sound as a cross between Chevelle and Incubus.
Members Joe Rogers (Tempus Mori) and Cody Bryden ironically met through an ad on craigslist to sell some equipment that each other wanted. They realized that they both had similar musical tastes and started to write songs together. Vocalist Dan OBrien and drummer Mike Bilodeau were added after meeting Cody in a local club and hearing an early demo recording.
- The band has toured with Staind, Skid Row, Theory of a Deadman, Devour the Day, and Warrant.
- The band has provided direct support for Sevendust, Nonpoint, All That Remains, We as Human, Seether, Black Stone Cherry, and Soil.
- Their debut single "From Ashes" has been worked to active rock radio by Tim Binder at New Ocean Media. The single has received nationwide airplay.
- Their next single "Jonah" will also be worked to active rock radio by Tim Binder at New Ocean Media.
- Sakara is signed to Pavement Entertainment with international distribution through Sony Red.
- Their debut album Forgetting What Was was recorded, produced, and mixed by Johnny April (bassist of Staind) and mastered by Dave Collins (Chevelle, Soundgarden, and Bruce Springsteen). It was released on May 27th, 2014.
- They have performed at large capacity venues such as the Mohegan Sun Arena, Sands Casino, and Tropicana Casino Theater.
Contact and Booking Info:
Joe Rogers - (413) 205-9976