You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
"I keep on asking myself; what went wrong?
Why were we fighting for so long?" ...
With an "Enchantingly Addictive" musical intro followed by these opening lines of their debut single. "BeatRaid" set sail for their musical voyage in 2010.
BeatRaid are currently recording on a new Rock song in the Arabic language that should be out very soon.
- On Monday, December 23, 2013, BeatRaid Released "December 25" along with its animated music video as a special single for Christmas.
- On Sunday, September 29, 2013, BeatRaid Released "Zanobia" an instrumental track inspired by the main theme song of a 1976 Syrian TV series "Intiqam Al-Zabbā’".
- On Friday, June 21, 2013, BeatRaid reached “100,000 likes” on their facebook page.
- On Sunday, May 12, 2013, Dary & Sammy Elie tied the knot at Sammy’s hometown Church in Nabay, an instrumental “Wedding’s March” and a special song “MTLU” were recorded for the ceremony. The songs are planned to be officially released on Valentine’s Day in 2014.
- On Friday, December 16, 2011, BeatRaid Released "Scent of Christmas" along with its music video as a special single for Christmas.
- Thursday, November 3, 2011, BeatRaid Released “When All Looks Fake” after reaching “50,000 likes” on their facebook page.
- Wednesday, December 22, 2010, BeatRaid Released their rendition of "Silent Night" as a free download for Christmas.
- Sunday, October 24, 2010, "Building Bridges" was officially released in Lebanon along with an exclusive CD containing an "acoustic version" of "If I Die". It also marked the official launch of BeatRaid.
- In August 2010, "Building Bridges" was released. The proceeds were donated to charities around the world.
- In February 2010, exactly three years since the first meeting between Dary and Michel Nehme, BeatRaid released their first single "If I Die" along with a music video. "If I Die" was then chosen to be released in a compilation CD named "Building Bridges" with rising artists from around the world.
- Early days,
Being a practiced musician, Michel Nehme decided to start a band back in 2007. A common friend recommended Dary as the vocalist. Having the same taste and passion for music they joined together with other friends of Michel to form the first line up of BeatRaid. They played covers for a while then they (Michel and Dary) decided to make their own songs together.
Sammy Elie, also a common friend that was inspired by Michel’s composing skills and Dary’s vocal abilities, wrote a song (When All Looks Fake) and handed it to Michel who composed the melody on the same night. The song instantly caught Dary's ears and was captivated by its oriental feel that was "unintentional and spontaneous" as Michel has said.
The other band members at the time did not show any faith or interest in working on new material. Disturbed by this lack of commitment and faith, and by the overall situation in Lebanon at that time, Sammy Elie wrote a second song "If I Die". Inspired by the lyrics again, Michel composed a melody with a guitar intro that is "enchantingly addictive" as Dary likes to put it.
This common faith and perception between Dary, Michel, and Sammy led to the new lineup of BeatRaid. Together they worked on their first album and decided to release "If I Die" as the first single and resumed work on the song's arrangement.