You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Name : Tumelo
Aka : ABcrazy
Genre: Hip - Hop
• Rapper, Producer, Composer, Vocalist, Songwriter and Music Director, from Graskop in Mpumalanga province AB Crazy (AB) derived his nickname after he did a song for a jingle for a community radio station which he called “AB is crazy”.
• He completed his high school education (Grade 12) in 2005 and then enrolled for a Tourism diploma in 2006 with Tshwane University of Technology: Nelspruit campus.
• His first break was when he entered and won a Lowveld Pop Idols Music Competition back in 2002 while in high school.
• He was also later named Mpumalanga’s Best Hip Hop artist in that year.
• In 2007, he decided to follow his dream and passion to be an artist. He moved to Jo-burg and joined Octave Couplet.
• While working with Octave Couplet he produced for the likes of HHP, Khuli Chana, Teargas, Zeus, Morale, Slikour, Psyfo, Kaspa, Hydro, PH, JR and also produced the channel O “MC Africa all around the A” track which featured other African artists (Naeto C, Zeus, Nazizi, Tamarsha, Cybil Knight, HHP) which earned the group best producer for Hype awards in 2009.
• In 2010 he left the Octave Couplet to pursue his solo career as an artist. After leaving the group he released his first singles Flying High, Dreaming, I want it all, etc.
• He later on in 2010 did his mix tape (Gossip Folks) which was never released but sold privately and his songs got airplay and media on Ligwalagwala FM, YFM, TRUFM, Capricorn FM and hype magazine in 2010
• In 2011, PhiKay Entertainment, a company co-owned by his long time manager since 2005, invested in the AB Crazy brand and is responsible for managing him as an artist.
• In 2011, he released his debut music video Man of the Moment as independent.
• During 2011, AB Crazy also featured, along artists like Pro Kid, Stoan, and Mr Selwyn, in the track by Speedy called “Pop Bottles”.
• During mid 2011, AB Crazy joined Cashtime “fam” six months project which involved producing an album called “Now or never” which he also intended to use as a mixtape before releasing his solo debut album.
• He produced some of the Cashtime “fam” hits like Goodbye, Get Down (Part 2), Till the end of time and Now or Never (intro).
• AB Crazy has also featured in music tracks like “I’m that Boy” with Typhus as well as “Man Tonight” with 2lane.
• Once the Cashtime album project was complete he decided, during early 2012, to focus on his career as a solo artist and suspended all live performances with the Cashtime “fam”.
• To listen to some of his work, you can search for AB Crazy on youtube.
• During the 2010 Soccer World Cup, he performed in Mpumalanga at the fan fare venues and represented the youth.
• AB has performed with Cashtime fam in various big events and has also performed in various events as a solo artist which includes various clubs as well as events in Maseru (Lesotho).
• AB crazy is a jack of all trades because he writes, produces and composes all his songs which are hits and he believes he is the next biggest hip hop artist Africans and the rest of the world need to hear.
• Man of the moment is also featured on DJ C-Live Hip hop mixtape “The Tastemaker”.
• He also won SHIZ NIZ Mixtape King 2011
• Flying high reached number 1 on Yfm’s The Bomb and Top 40 Urban charts for 2 weeks and Dreaming # 2 on Yfm hip hop Hot99, Man of the moment # 4 Top 40 urban charts.
• AB Crazy has also appeared in various magazines and newspapers such as Lowveld Living, Hype, I speak Hip Hop, Achieve Lowveld Magazine, Sunday World, to name a few.
• AB has also featured on music tv channels like Vuzu Entertainment, Live, Club 808, Soweto TV, Jam Alley, Craze E, Shiz Niz, Head Rush, to name a few.
• AB has also appeared in other tv programmes like Powerball on SABC 2 as a guest, Supersport as a guest on Robert Marawa show as well as with Sunrise
• AB Crazy has become a household name in the hip hop industry in South Africa and other neighbouring countries.
• The plan is to grow the AB Crazy brand across Africa and the rest of the world.
• AB Crazy music tracks, “Man of the Moment” and “Dreaming” are also to be used as theme songs for a tv series which is still under production.
• AB has also done some chameo in music video like “Hands in the air” by Speedy and “Number One” by Psyfo.
AB has kept in touch with his fans through social media. His fan page on facebook is called “AB Crazy” and his twitter handle is called “@tumeloabcrazy”
“Hip Hop Community, we present you the man of the moment …AB Crazy….”