You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
JENIQUA BIO The Australian born singer/songwriter, with European heritage (Swiss,Danish, Polish, French,Irish, Scottish), is equally comfortable with R&B, Soul, Jazz fusion and dance.
Her voice blends elements of these genres naturally to create a unique sound where every note exceeds expectations. Jeniqua, a nominee for a Shorty Award 2014, for 'best singer', writes all her songs, straight from the heart & does all her own backing vocals, vocal arrangements & co-production on her songs. “Jeniqua is a phenomenal singer & songwriter that is not afraid to be herself. The out-pouring of her lyrics are truly positive & captivating. I recommend her music, not just to music lovers, but also for those who are seeking comfort & trying to find some release”, says Norma Carby, Lifestyle Mentor.
· In March 2010, featured Artist/Songwriter with her song ‘MAKING LOVE’, (written by Jeniqua 5th Feb 2009 & prod - CM), on the soul compilation album, ‘Back For More’, released out of Europe. The album charted in Europe, for many weeks, No1. on the SweetRhythm Charts for over 8 weeks and top of the charts on other radio play charts such as, Solar Radio and Soul Choonz. In August 2010, the soul compilation album ‘Back For More’, won two, SOUL SURVIVORS AWARDS. ‘Best New Soul Album’ and ‘Best Global Soul Artist/Group)’.
· At the end of 2011, Making Love (urbanized mix) was still sitting at No.1 spot onTraxsource.com (R&B/HipHop Top 100 Downloads), a year and a half on, since it's first release.
· Sitting at the top of the Aust TripleJ Unearthed (Independent Dance Chart), in Sept 2011 with 3 of her songs: No.1 (Making Love), No.2 (Runn'n) and No.3 (Livin It Up, with Dminus). On the overall chart for Triple J, Jeniqua sat at No.41 (Runn'n), No.42 (Making Love) and No.46 (Livin It Up).
· In October 2012, Jeniqua’s, ‘Say Goodbye’ and ‘Making Love’, were featured at the Pocono Film Festival, USA.
· January 2013, nominee for ‘BEST FEMALE VOCALIST’, at the 32nd CHICAGO MUSIC AWARDS (CMA’s) 2013.
· As at 6th Feb 2013, Making Love (Urbanized mix) still sitting at No.1 on the Traxsource Chart for Top 100, Most Downloaded song for 3 yrs (R&B/Hip Hop Category andNo. 2 in the Lounge/Chill Out Category), (eg: No.1, 2 &3),
Also in Feb 2013, Jeniqua released a 7 song EP, as a sampler of what’s to follow on her Debut album. The EP debuted at No.10 and Single: ‘Better Day’ at No.3 on a Radio Airplay Chart (UK).
· In November 2013, a finalist in 4 Categories of the 2013, Aust Indy Music Awards (Acoustic singer/ songwriter ,urban, best video & christian/gospel).
· In Jan 2014, Jeniqua was nominated for ‘Best singer’ in the Shorty awards, (out of the USA), for best in social media. In August 2014, Jeniqua also released her new contagious soulful track 'U Got It Goin On' which has received outstanding reviews.
Her next release will be her Debut album, followed by many other album/projects, she has already written for.
Jeniqua’s huge voice & talent has been compared to many established recording artist that influenced her development, though make no mistake as a vocalist, her voice is an unmistakably unique & divine gift. Her combined talents, voice, stage presence, style & work ethic make her the complete package entertainer.