Bruce Hurn / Bio
Bruce hails from British Columbia, Canada where he performs with various ensembles. He holds a Master’s Degree in Music Composition and Theory, and has had a musical career spanning over 30 years. In Canada, he has performed with artists such as Michael Buble, David Foster, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, and The Temptations.
During his last stay in Kuala Lumpur, Bruce performed and recorded with local jazz artists Greg Lyons, Michael Veerapen and David Gomes, as well as performing at the Berita Harian‘s Anugerah Bintang Popular telecast with local artists Reshmonu, KRU (featuring Adam AF) and ‘Malaysian Idol’ Jacklyn Victor (featuring Hazimi). He also performed with the RTM Orchestra and ‘Malaysian Idol’ Daniel Lee.
His compositions, arrangements and performances have been featured on numerous jazz and R&B recordings, as well as TV and radio commercials.
• Julio Cabrera “El Amor No Tiene Traduccion”, (Mermaid Records) 2002
• Julio Cabrera “Salud”, (Mermaid Records) 1996 (all arrangements)
• Gone Clear “Island Style”, (self-produced) 1997
• Big Band Trio & the Jumpin’ Jive Orchestra “Places to Go, People to See” (Triactive ) 1999
• Jeff Agopsowicz “Silent Partner” (self-produced) 1999 (some compositions and arrangements)
• Festive Brass “Christmas with the Festive Brass” (self-produced) 2000
• Ed Philp Septet “Mighty Fingers” (Boathouse Records) 2001
• Mike Herriott “A Piece of the Action” (Boathouse Records) 2001
• Julio Cabrera “Noches de Luna” (Mermaid Records) 2001 (all arrangements)
• John Celona’s Blue City “City Lights” (self-produced) 2001
• Greg Lyons “Global Ties”, (Overtone Records) 2005
• Rozlan Aziz “Ali”, (self-produced) 2005
- Band Members:
- Trumpet player, Composer, Arranger
- Artist Name:
- Bruce Hurn
- Home Page:
- Jazz / Big Band
- Victoria, BC, CA