You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Management/Licensing: Mike Rosen - MegatrendMGMT
PR/Web: Aurelia "Capt. Canada" Baker
The glitter punk love child of Alice Cooper & Joan Jett.
How does one describe the three-headed party monster that is Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs? With sonic and artistic nods to 70's glitter rock coupled with a snotty punk rawness, Scary Cherry's debut LP GIRL is an assured, addled, four-on-the-floor joyride. Scary Cherry combines riot grrrl ethos with the pop smarts of The Runaways for a sound that salutes the past while paving its own hard rock path. From the spoken word album opener of Scary in the recording studio, GIRL is a raw, sometimes disturbing, but ultimately empowering journey through the eyes and life of a girl. The album is a glitter roller coaster, twisting and turning, coursing through a gamut of emotions with no exit until the last disturbing notes of a creepy piano and strings fade away.
While it may sound like the band hails from the gutters of NYC, Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs actually come from the most unlikely of homes: Dallas, TX. Born out of roller derby in the Lone Star State, team captain and coach for the (then undefeated) Slaughterers, Scary Cherry was asked to write a theme song for the league. Scary recruited like-minded friends and an unstoppable machine was created. 6 years, a few hundred shows and one EP later (the bratty titled Limited Edition 5 Song EP), Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs have garnered a loyal and ever growing fan base who refer to themselves and the band as Glitter Punks (a moniker the band wears with pride).
Whether they are opening up for Misfits, Megadeth, Slash or Lords of Acid, the band has no demographic boundaries. Having already had 4 original singles played in major market radio, and music featured in film, Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs and their debutante GIRL are ready to come out in a big way. So who exactly is this GIRL the album speaks of? "She is all of us!" explains Scary Cherry. "From the self-absorbed bitch in "Glitter" to the severely deranged in "Tracked Down" (a love letter from a female serial killer). She is the GIRL that you have averted your gaze from ("Crazy Jane") as well as the GIRL you cannot take your eyes off of ("Anita 69")."
GIRL is a simultaneously hyperkinetic, dangerous, sexy beast, and ultimately, the essence of Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs.
- The album “GIRL” and single “Don’t Wanna” nominated for Best Rock Album and Best Rock Single at The 13th Annual Independent Music Awards
- Invited to play CMJ 2013
- “Don’t Wanna” charted #2 on college radio
- Two singles from the new album GIRL currently receiving airplay across the US, UK, and several Latin countries
- The album “GIRL” featured on UK Off The Charts “Masterpieces” series
- Opened for national acts including Slash, Hellyeah, Megadeth and more.
- Top 50 band in the US on Reverbnation’s Rock charts
- GIRL album chosen for an upcoming feature on UK Off The Chart’s “Masterpieces” series
- Ourstage.com MTV $5000 Grand Prize Winner for the song “Let’s Go”
- Songs licensed for use in 1 T.V. pilot and 2 films
- Toured nationally including opening slots for Misfits, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Lords of Acid, etc.
- Grand Prize Winner of Microsoft/Reverbnation contest
“Limited Edition Ep” (on iTunes), the bands first release, features 5 songs, two of which have received radio airplay nationally. “Let’s Go” has achieved film placement and won several song competitions.
Worked with a legendary Austin producer, Beau Hill, Grammy award winning producer Stuart Sikes, as well as the amazing Taylor Tatsch. Their latest album, "GIRL", has garnered attention and critical acclaim. It is just a tease of the mountains of material they have waiting to be released.