"Patrick brings worldliness to his performances."
- Alli Marshall, Mountain Xpress, Asheville, NC
"A one-man band whose finger-picked guitar style is often accompanied by a bass drum and hi-hat as well as a harmonica and his slinky voice, Patrick Fitzsimons can keep it all together and delivers a homespun, bluesy folk jazz blend that is right on the money."
- David Brewer, High Country News, Boone, NC
"Some of the best, pleasurable, and crisp finger-picking magic this side of the Appalachians."
- Pasckie Pascua, the indie, Asheville, NC
"Asheville's Patrick Fitzsimons takes rugged individualism to a whole new level."
- Laura Blackley, Citizen-Times, Asheville, NC
"...his style hearkens back to an era when an electric guitar was seen as an interloper."
- Hunter Pope, Mountain Xpress, Asheville, NC
"Dear Patrick, I hope you get a lot of congratulations today. Your performances at the competition yesterday were really inspiring. I'm very happy to have won, but would not have minded one bit if we had come in second to you."
- Jonathan Newell, piano player for Mighty Lester, winners of 19th annual Piedmont Blues Preservation Society Blues Challenge